Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Battle with a Different Kind of Cancer

Divorce, I've decided, compares on many levels to an awful illness.  It sucks the life from you, you never know when it's going to end, you have to go around and try to function best you can day to day anyways, and it's never far from your mind.  Plus. at least for me, I'm journeying to find wholeness, taking better care of myself, slowing down and enjoying the little things more, seeing all the petty little things people get all bunched up about as..well... petty.  I want to raise awareness to everyone on what to avoid at all costs, and become an abused person advocate.  It's cause for friends and family to celebrate when free of the source of sickness, stress, and negativity.  Support groups become a place to share and let your guard down.  And once in a while, medication helps ;)  Prayers are said, and if you're lucky, really lucky, you can walk away free of any lasting scars.  I'm still battling, not able to see the promised end from where I stand today.  I'm exhausted in every way, but the days keep coming and what other option is there than to face them, one at a time.

No comments: