Sunday, October 11, 2009

Count Your Many Blessings

Word of warning - you are reading this on my venting blog, not my "we have it all together" blog which can only mean one thing - I need to vent.

I am a grateful person most of the time. I can see the good in almost every situation. So these are some of the things that I really am grateful for.

I am grateful that I am not living everyday wondering what my husband is up to.
I am grateful that I feel taller, happier, brighter, and far better looking with out him.
I am grateful that, while I am by no means perfect, I can walk away knowing that I did all I could, that this (divorce, breaking up our family, kids crying themselves to sleep at night, me having anxiety attacks because I now get to provide for myself and 2 children because he has no conscience and is feels completely comfortable screwing me over financially, because screwing me over physically, emotionally, and mentally for the last 11 years wasn't enough) was his call because 1) he refused to stop his lies and 'extracurricular activities' and I was done dealing with them, and 2) he didn't want to try to keep this together due to the lure of a relationship with another woman (which, by the way, didn't last... SHOCKER!!)
I am grateful for the amazing invention of texting so that I almost never have to speak directly to him.
I am grateful to know that - while there may not be someone else in my future - at least there won't be him.

Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Debbi said...

good list.

You are also thankful for killer shoes.

Erica said...

I am grateful that you live closer to me but not grateful for what you've had to endure to get you there. ;>
And this is the MOST beautiful I've ever seen you. You glow. You deserve it.