Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Men Are Stupid and They Like Big Boobs

That is the title of a Joan River's book that caught my attention while I was at Chapters this weekend. I happen to believe that her observation is true of many men and so I picked it up to flip through. It had me captivated for the next 25 minutes as Joan went through many of the plastic surgery operations available out there, what they would cost, exactly what they do, recovery times, all punctuated with her witty take on the whole process. Great book for anyone thinking about getting some work done.
I have thought about it before, and am back to thinking about it again. The top of my list would be nose and boobs. I have always had my dad's beak, and while I think it looks fabulous on him, me? Not so much. And the sisters? Well, let's just say I miss the pre-baby me. Reading about what all goes into the recovery is what has me pausing for thought though. And the possibility that I will go through all of that and be disappointed with the results. One thing she stressed though was that you get what you pay for - the more expensive the surgeon, the better quality job you're going to get.
Good book, good laughs, good info. As for her analysis on the opposite sex, well, I'll leave that one up to you.

2 comments:

Debbi said...

I love having my sisters. Best investment!

Stephanie said...

never noticed your nose before - so I must think it is a.o.k.
as for boobs.
i really want some.
i really do.
but then everyone would know i bought them.. because i don't have any.. and i just don't know yet how i feel about boughten boobs.
thanks for letting me say boobs and that other word on your blog - it frees me.