Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lunches

I went for out twice for lunch this week, once with an old friend from high school that I lived with for a few months before I got married, and once with the wife of one of my Ex's friends - the only one that still talks to me.
Anyways, I have to say that both were quite enlightening and very enjoyable.
At the first one, my friend related her own personal experiences with her parents divorcing when she was 5. She eloquently shared her memories and emotions with such grace that I was washed over with gratitude that I know this fabulous lady. I felt comfort and hope for the future because she did turn out so amazing and normal. Bless you C, I love you.
The second lunch was just as fun, catching up on kids and work and life. One of the things that was confirmed to me by her was that I didn't screw my Ex up - he was that way before I even met him. "His stupidity is the trigger to your happiness" she said. Thanks B! I can't even express my relief and the peace of mind that conversation brought to me. Not only that, she also shared with me advice on how to juggle it all as a working mom. I came away from that meeting enlightened and inspired.
Lesson learned: never underestimate the influence you can have in another person's life, even if all you share with them time wise is your lunch hour.

No comments: